We have a room in our house, that we call the Library. It has bookshelves, and often a cat, and also our workstations. I spend most of my days in this room, either at my computer or with my head in books for my course. I love this room. It has taken many months of tweaking to get it 'just right', but to me now, it definitely feels just right. Here's three things in this room that I love, and that make it feel so welcoming and homely to me.
1. The Cat Chair
I picked this up at a second hand furniture shop years ago for $20. Then my [at the time] housemate's cat decided that this chair was her personal scratching post. I guess I could recover it, but I kinda like having a chair that frankly, I don't care if the cats destroy. I love sitting in it with a book, and a warm hot water bottle resting against my back. I don't care if it's summer. I can still have a hot water bottle.
2. Meditation Beads
I picked these up in Tibet a few years ago. I just love them. I think they're real turquoise, although they're quite green. I would love to be able to wear them as jewellery, but it's really not the right thing to do. So they stay on the bookshelf, under the window, and get used sometimes in my meditations. They're lovely and calming to look at, so I love having them on display.
3. Lapis Lazuli Pyramid
This is a Charles piece. He introduced me to crystals, and I don't know, perhaps I'm sensitive to them or something, but I 'feel' them quite strongly. This is a pretty special piece to have in the Library in particular. It just belongs here. It's quite central in the room too, fittingly.
There you go, a little peek into my world and where I spend my days. [Actually this post is all about photography, and me trying to capture little details of my world. But it's nice to share.]
Great idea for a post! I loved all three items, they have beautiful color.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I think it's worth capturing the details, it's so easy to overlook them.
DeleteI really like the chair! Pretty vintage:)~New follower(or old one)
ReplyDeletexoxo_Laila
http://www.townhousepalette.com/
I know, it's a gorgeous chair :-) Maybe one day I'll restore it a bit, but I kind of like the way it is now too.
DeleteThanks for coming over to the new blog!
It's great photos Jacqui . I like post when peoples share own world .
ReplyDeleteI love the chair! I have one I love that my pugs have partly eaten but I cannot bring myself to get rid of it. so glad I stumbled upon your blog! new follower :)
ReplyDeleteSaralyn
www.studiomaisonblog.us
Hehe pugs always make me laugh. If I had pugs I would definitely have a pug chair!
Delete