Today I'm happy to be sharing a guest post from my March large sponsor, Manda Rave at Unlaced Heart! I discovered this lovely blog recently and have become a regular reader. I'm sure you'll see why.
Hello Dusty Country Road readers! My name is Manda Rave (from Unlaced Heart) and I am so thrilled to be on Jacqui's blog today. She has a great space here, don't you think?
I want to talk about something that is dear to me -love. I know what you're thinking: isn't that dear to everyone? Well yes (at least I hope so!) but I am talking about all-encompassing, strong, beautiful love for other people, the world around you, big things, little things, and yourself. The kind of love that wraps itself around your whole body and shines new light on everything.
I believe in viewing the world and the people around you with love. There are things I hate of course but it is not healthy to focus on those things. Or to approach anything new or unknown to you with anything but the kind of openness and compassion that comes with love.
We are all connected through the Earth we share, the air we breath, and the beatings of our heart. By holding onto negativity and dwelling on it, we are not only poisoning ourselves, but those around us as well. When we dwell on our hatred we affect our loved ones and the people we interact with on a daily basis.
Take a day to really pay attention to your thoughts and actions. Notice how you find yourself thinking about things and how you view other people. Judging people on how they look is not love. Getting angry at other drivers on the road is not love. Thinking negatively about yourself is not love. Assuming the worst is not love.
Take some notes if you want on how you go about a normal day in terms of your mentality. Once you recognize where negativity has a tendency to wiggle into your life you can start to weed it out. It's an ongoing practice, and no one is ever perfect all the time. But I believe that by really putting in the conscious effort can make a huge difference in our mood and mental health.
Light & love,
Manda Rave
Thanks so much for sponsoring and sharing this post Manda! A timely reminder, for me! If you haven't been over to visit Unlaced Heart yet, do go and take a look. If you're interested in sponsoring dusty country road, take a look at my advertising page.

I'm excited to have found your blog and enjoyed reading this post!
ReplyDeletewww.studentswife.com
very lovely post Manda
ReplyDeleteso i do all with love