28 March 2014

In The Garden… autumn skies

A little light on with images this week. One of those weeks. We have had rain, quite a lot of rain really. And lots of heavy, threatening skies, with or without the rain. I love this time of year. It is still warm, but the intensity is gone, and there are rainy days and yellowing leaves. It brings my senses to life in the fullest sense. 

The plum tree has been dropping leaves for a while now, they're building up a nice carpet around my little herb garden. But to look at the tree you wouldn't really know it. Not unless you compared it to the same tree in the early summer, before the heat starts to take it's toll. I love watching the tall trees from the windows in the house, at first seeing just a few spots of yellow amongst the green, then watching as the leaves thin and the winter view starts to take hold; bare branches reaching up to grey skies. I could watch the seasons forever, I think.


What's been happening in your garden this week?

I'll be doing this post weekly, on Friday's, so if you would like to join me and share something In The Garden, please do! Any and all gardens, plants in pots and balconies, the gardens at your local park, any garden will do. And anything means not just limited to plants! Leave a like to your blog in the comments so we can take a look. From last week, Simone has sorted out a problem with powdery mildew. I'm taking notes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jacqui, the rain has been great for the garden. Our trees really needed it. Here is my link for In The Garden: http://withvintageandme.com/ Have a good weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui, your posts have been the push I need to take more garden photos. Good timing too, we have some progress and now at last some rain after a long break!
    I'd love a plum tree - and some cool autumn weather too. Your photos are lovely and peaceful, even with the threatening skies. cheers Wendy
    http://duchessdeclutter.blogspot.com.au/2014/03/in-garden-some-rain-at-last.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.