This past week has seen the most amazing display of bright orange flowers on a hedge plant, right outside our kitchen window. I have loved watching it unfurl - the flower buds starting to appear, noticing them get bigger and more abundant, then suddenly the whole plant is on fire with the most beautiful orange blossom. Bringing with it birds and bees, and watching my son notice the birds for the first time. Watching wrens and honey eaters come and have their feast, the little hands pointing at the window, and the fascination on his beautiful small face. So this week at the library we got a story book about a little bird, catching a worm to feed to the baby birds. Cheep cheep.
And all too quickly they are wilting, and falling to the ground. Such an immense show of colour and only to be short lived. But I'm so impressed, and grateful. Such a stunning show right outside the kitchen window, which always makes me happy, and my favourite colours to boot. I think they're still pretty on the ground.
A typical afternoon scene on the outside table. A chook bucket recently emptied, egg collection for the day, a empty tea cup and a little something to go in dinner. See any colour similarities?
I have no idea what the plant is with those orange flowers either, can anyone enlighten me?
What's been happening in your garden this week?
I'll be doing this post weekly, on Friday's, so if you would like to join me and share something In The Garden, please do! Any and all gardens, plants in pots and balconies, the gardens at your local park, any garden at all. And anything means not just limited to plants! Leave a like to your blog in the comments so we can take a look. From last week, a peek into a luscious Queensland garden over at Duchess Declutter. So very luscious!



what beautiful things to be surrounded by - i too would enjoy even the scattered flowers on the ground. a wodnerfully uplifting colour. i feel happy even seeign it online! thank you for sharing it with us!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful, and almost gone. Over so fast, but so pretty while it lasted!
DeleteHi Jacqui, what gorgeous orange flowers. Great photos! Here is my post for In The Garden:http://withvintageandme.com/. Enjoy your weekend x
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in Simone! So nice to see what's happening in your garden. Have a great weekend x
DeleteI really enjoy joining in. I love going outside and exploring what's in my garden. Might explore a garden somewhere else next time! x
DeleteHi Jacqui - I'm here - better late than never. I've just posted this - http://duchessdeclutter.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/in-garden-thislast-week.html. How do I do the link as Simone has done? The flowers are lovely - I thought they might be orange browalia, but I looked at images and didn't seem to fit. Orange flowers are lovely, looking forward to seeing our orange trumpet vine in flower this winter. Thanks for the shout out too! cheers Wendy
ReplyDeleteOh those orange flowers are stunning and my girls would be in heaven with all those dropped petals, perfect for making soft fairy beds.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flowers and photos. In Australia you have a beautiful light.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was a little girl we had a plant like the orange one growing on our gate- mum called it "orange trumpet vine." Maybe it's that? Or in the same family?
ReplyDeleteLovely photos :)
I think it is called a Cape Honeysuckle, Tecoma cape-something. Originally southern Africa.
ReplyDelete