12 August 2014

What Blogs Do You Read?

I recently discovered Flow Magazine (I'm not much of a magazine buyer to be honest, but I'm glad I bought this one) - it's nice to have a new read.

I've a question for you, dear blog readers. What are you favourite blogs to read? I would love to find some new-to-me blogs to read, I know there are so many out there and I love to stumble on new ones to love here and there.

Over the past couple of years my blog reading preferences have changed a lot. And as the time has passed, I have reduced the amount of blogs that come up on my reader. Some favourites will never leave, but others have gone. For example - when I had a lot more time on my hands, I would read A Beautiful Mess every day. These days, well I've pretty much drifted away from things like that and occasionally check in. But it is certainly not a daily read any more.

So where to find new blogs to read, when I don't have much time to go scrolling and blog-hopping? I'm asking you guys! I figure that if you're reading my blog, then maybe we like similar blogs, yes? So maybe I'll love some of the other blogs you are reading. Would you care to share some of your favourite reads in the comments section? I will be sure to hop along and take a look. And don't assume I'm looking for blogs like my own to read, some of the blogs I've been following for the longest time are nothing at all like mine. 

To show you what I mean, here's a couple of my favourite reads that you may or may not pick me for…

A Girl A Style - she pretty much lives the other life I would have lived, you know, if things had turned out different (way different). I love it!

Amy Flying A Kite - I was never into poetry, at all, until this blog. I actually read it from start to current a couple of years ago.

The Parenting Passageway - quite simply, this blog has saved my sanity and made me a better mother person.

Becoming Minimalist - decluttering, living with less, moving away from consumerism - yes, all that stuff that I love.

So what are you reading? Please share, I'd love to have some inspiring new blogs to read.

16 comments:

  1. http://www.flourishinprogress.com/ is my fav blog to read. All of Elizabeth's posts are poignant, moving, and brisk. Warning: you might cry (I did). http://www.flourishinprogress.com/2014/03/daddy-issues-aka-girl-why-you-so-typical.html
    http://kottke.org/ for the best random finds.
    http://www.keikolynn.com/ for fashion.
    And Nikkiana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great selection - definitely a few new reads in here for me, thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  2. I think you may like the following based on my own eclectic tastes. I think I like them because they make me feel young and hip lol. Anyway here goes, you may already know some of them: http://www.readingmytealeaves.com; http://simpleprovisions.com.au; http://prettysmartgirlart.blogspot.com.au; http://www.shesowsseeds.com; http://www.ayearinmygarden.com; http://naturalnewagemum.com. Enjoy. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not seen any of them before! Thanks for sharing, these are some great new reads.

      Delete
  3. the link you have for "A Girl A Style" actually links to a beautiful mess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link, I like it! Love that is has a totally different look about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://creaturecomfortsblog.com/ http://www.afabulousfeteblog.com/ I don't have too much time so this for me is great inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing - I've never seen either of these, they are both really beautiful blogs.

      Delete
  7. I'll have to have a look through some of those, they sound good :)
    My favourites are (sorry, no links as I can't copy and paste into here on my phone):
    Attic24 crochet blog
    BenHewitt family in the US on a self sufficient farm, unschooling the kids
    Soulemama (aaaahhhhhh, I'm sure her life isn't quite so perfect really, but it's a very relaxing blog to go to!)
    Littleecofootprints

    I guess those four and yours are the ones I go to most for both calming but inspirational reads.

    Love the pic of William having a bubaccino ... but what, exactly, is in a bubaccino??!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and DowntoEarth simple living blog.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for sharing your faves! I'll find them. A couple I already know in this list. Especially Down to Earth, one of my old favourites too.
      So a bubacino is like a cappuccino for a little one… basically it's just a little cup of frothy milk, sprinkled with chocolate. You have to be wary in case they come with a marshmallow, if they do I try to get it before he sees… And the best ones (and the way we make them at home) is with chocolate sprinkle and then hundreds and thousands. It's pretty cute!

      Delete
    3. Oooh I could spend a lot of time at Attic24… thank you!

      Delete
  8. Lol, Attic24's granny stripe blanket was why I learnt to crochet 3.5 years ago. The ever increasing yarn stash is entirely Lucy's fault ;)
    Frothy milk with chocolate sprinkles??? Yes please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I had stumbled on that blog a long time ago but didn't register it, and had forgotten the name. It's nice to re-visit, thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.