A long time ago last year, I bought these stones from different Etsy sellers. The long blue stones are lapis lazuli and the small round ones are turquoise. I had always been meaning to make them into a necklace, but they ended up in the pile of things to be done on my desk, and that's where they stayed for months.
Finally this week I did it! Now I'm no jewellery maker, I'm just saying that now, but I did manage to google 'how to make a necklace', find a good tutorial [I followed this one], take a trip into town to collect what I needed from the craft shop [a surprisingly successful mission] and put it all together into something that, for all intents and purposes, can be worn as a necklace.
I like how it's turned out. I love the combination of the two different stones, both in colour and in wearing the two of them together. I always feel special wearing lapis lazuli, it makes me imagine that I'm in ancient Egyptian times or something. It feels very regal. Turquoise is also lovely. I'm waiting on some turquoise stone plugs for my ears [also from Etsy] to turn up in the mail, I wonder if they'll go well with this necklace.
I love crystal jewellery. Do you wear any? What resonates with you?
really pretty! i'm an uber crystal lover, i don't go anywhere without my hematite ring (helps to ground me), and i have a necklace that i alternate pendants on, i always keep a himalayan black quartz on there i also have a regular quartz and an aqua aura right now. plus i carry around some miscellaneous ones in my pockets of various sweaters/jackets. i'm a big sucker for citrine, labradorite, and i love a big chunk of quartz. i am venturing on a canadian rocky mountain road trip this summer and i'm allowing myself one splurge, i want to bring home a citrine cave from a crystal store that i have been to in the mountains, hopefully one will be there that likes me :)
ReplyDeleteHmm I like hematite too, I have some ear plugs that I really don't wear enough actually. One of my faves is a chunk of rose quartz on a necklace. We have chunks of rose quartz all over the house. Canadian rocky mountain trip sounds amazing, I've sure the crystal will be there! I'm hoping to get my hands on some blue calcite soon but haven't found 'it' yet.. I'm off to google himalayan black quartz, that sounds amazing!
Deletemission completed ;-)
ReplyDeletelooks nice! I like the long blue stones.
Yes mission completed! I'm terrible at starting projects then not finishing them, not this time :-)
DeleteThey're pretty stones aren't they?
I understand, I start many projects and they still wait for finish.
DeleteYes, they are pretty stones
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteThis is so beautiful! Great job lady!
ReplyDelete