8 March 2013

Sharing the [Etsy] Love

It's no secret that I love a bit of Etsy shopping. It's that giant market place where there is something beautiful, unique, handmade, artistic for whatever occasion. I've been addicted for a while - you know, every time I need new plugs for my ears - Etsy. If I want a print for a wall - Etsy. If I want some random but specific crystal specimen - Etsy. And that's not even scratching the surface. 

Increasingly, and through this blogging caper, I keep finding new and exciting shops to dazzle me with their wares. And I love this so much - I just think handmade anything is so, so, so much nicer than products that are mass produced in a big factory. To me, it's about the heart and soul that has gone into creating something, as opposed to big companies with big marketing budgets and a soul-less factory somewhere. Plus when I meet bloggers with Etsy shops, there's usually a common interest in there somewhere to start with, so it's no wonder that I end up falling in love with their stores. 

I thought I'd share a couple of old favourites and new finds that are currently on my wish list. If you haven't been for a look at these stores, go check them out, and behind all of them is a lovely blogger who you may also want to say hi to. 


1/2/3/4

Elephants. I have an elephant statue, Charles has an elephant statue. I think this print would look so sweet on the wall of our nursery - so our little one can have elephants too!

Beautifully simple wire wrapped quartz crystal necklace. Love it. Want it.

Handmade soap! I've been thinking about making my own soap lately, but this looks just divine. Free from all the nasties and with lots of natural goodies added.

A little rabbit. A sweet little soft toy that I think would be perfect for a new little baby.

Have you got a favourite on Etsy? Do share - you can find me here to connect and share favourites!

6 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks so much for featuring my necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much!
    I also love this place.
    I love everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few favourites of the moment:

    https://www.etsy.com/shop/BigLittle?ref=seller_info_count

    https://www.etsy.com/shop/radishandruth
    (a good friend of mine)

    and this is my shop:
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/EvieandLiv?ref=si_shop

    I encourage you to try soap making, I taught myself when I was 19 years old, from a book, and haven't looked back (13 years later!). I was studying massage and reflexology at the time, and did a unit in aromatherapy, and I got hooked on all the beautiful scents and combinations. If you do try, I'm happy to offer advice if you need it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I'll take a look at those shops!
      I'm pretty inspired with the soap making idea, and I love the use of essential oils etc. Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. That little rabbit is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.