22 March 2013

This Week I Enjoyed...

Can you believe we're so far into March already? I'm torn between wanting the days to speed up [getting impatient for our upcoming addition to the family] and wanting to hit the pause button, and just make it all stop for a while. Anyway here's a few things I've enjoyed this past week.

Raspberry leaf tea. Suggested by my midwife, apparently it's a bit of an old wives tale, or maybe not. 

Apparently it helps to 'tone' the uterus. It doesn't have an overly distinct flavour, and it's quite drinkable. I'll stick with it for now. I'm holding off using Clary Sage in the oil burner though... maybe next week.

Chocolate cake in a cup. Inspired by this post. Initially I read it and thought yum, but we sold our microwave at the Community Garage Sale. Then Katie updated the post for making it in the oven, so I had to try it.

The verdict? Not bad. Somehow it still tasted like it was made in a microwave. Oh and I completely modified the ingredients, based on what I had on hand. Plus I added chunks of dark chocolate. If I were to change anything for next time, I would add more chunks of dark chocolate.

Last tomato harvest. There aren't too many more out there that are still any good. In any case, George is doing his bit to eat them up.

The roma's really came into their own late in the season. We made a beautifully simple pasta dish using lots of these - onion, garlic, tomato, pinch of sugar, salt and pepper, some tomato paste, oregano, bit of water and let it do it's thing for a while. So simple, so good. Don't hold back on the parmesan.

I just realised that all of these things are food/drink related. I guess that's an indication of where I'm at right now! What have you been enjoying this week?

6 comments:

  1. raspberry tea is actually a holistic treatment - which i 100% believe in, so don't count it out =)

    and i completely agree, where the heck has this year gone? i was talking to a customer yesterday and he was telling me about an appointment he has on the 25th and i was thinking that was weeks away and i looked at my calendar and actually go "holy moly that is NEXT week!" and he burst out laughing haha

    xx
    trisha
    veranellies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I'm always open to herbal/holistic ways :) I figure they don't get their reputation for nothing!
      Yeah - in some ways the days of the year themselves have dragged (January!) but now we're almost 1/4 of the way through - madness!
      x

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that you are having a midwife, they're just the best. I've heard Clary Sage is also great to use during labor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, yes I've heard that it helps with contractions. So I bought some, and it's packed away in my little bag to go, and part of me wants to pull it out and kick off this process. But I'm waiting, it's not quite time yet.

      Delete
  3. Maybe this strange, but I'm 33 years old and I have never had a microwave and my parents did not have. How I tried to eat the microwave so it seemed to me not tasty :-)
    Tomatoes look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I have lived before without a microwave and I prefer not to have it - if it's there, I'll use it out of laziness, but I don't like using it. So if it's not there, I can't use it. Problem solved. And yes, microwaved food is not so tasty :-)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.