28 April 2013

A Mummy Blog?

Still a dusty country road... just with a baby as well.

When I started this blog, one of the things I was certain that it was not going to be, was a mummy blog. Or a mommy blog. Because there are already 20 million or so of them our there, and there's more to life than babies.

But now that our little man is here on the outside, I guess my perspective has changed somewhat. As in, most of my headspace is taken up with baby. So it's only natural, given that this is my personal blog, to want to blog more about life with a baby.

I've caught myself a few times already thinking of something I might post about, baby related, and then thinking 'oh, I don't know if my readers will want to read that'. And then I have to remind myself that this is my blog, and I write for me, and if people enjoy reading it and leaving comments [which I love!], then that's an added bonus. So, what I'm saying is, dusty country road is not going to turn into a mummy blog. Or a mommy blog. I'll still just be blogging about my simple life in the country, albeit with a few baby-related posts thrown into the mix.

I hope you'll stick around.

7 comments:

  1. I totally identify with you! For instance, I'm pregnant right now. I vowed not to write about pregnancy all the time... but it just so happens that's what's going on right now! You're so right: this is our lives, our blogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same when I was pregnant... It's kinda hard not to write about it! And yeah, it is way too easy to get caught up in what readers want, rather than what we want to write about. I say write about being pregnant, I enjoy reading that stuff (more so now!).

      Delete
  2. Honestly? I'd think it was weird if you weren't talking about becoming a mama and this cute little person you've just brought into the world. It's the big major thing that's going on in your life right now!

    As someone who doesn't have kids yet nor in the immediate future, I do have a somewhat of a "ugh, this is boring" sort of outlook on mommy blogs as a generalization, but that's not something that's necessarily true on an individual basis... and I've found is particularly not true when I've been following someone since before they had kids.

    So... Don't worry, I'm already invested in your story. Tell me about your kid! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I never want to be a mommy blog - I find them kinda boring too. Total generalisation, and there are a bunch of them that I read, so I guess they're not all boring. But I don't want to fall into that category.
      Thanks though! I'll try to keep the balance and talk about things non-kid-related still :)

      Delete
  3. I don't have any children, and probably won't for a while, but it doesn't bother me when blogs I'm reading add things in about their babies. I think of it as useful information for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This your personal blog. You write about your life so about your baby. I like it. I have child and I love country life, so for me is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading about other womens lives and experiences. Write what is real for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.