There are two foods in this world that I find most agreeable, and in combination work even better than they do alone: roast sweet potato and feta cheese. Feed me anything with those two ingredients and I'll be a happy woman. My standard go-to meal is these two mixed with a short pasta, basil pesto, pine nuts and something green [think spinach leaves or broccoli]. But from time to time you need to mix it up a bit, right? So, muffins it is.
I can't take the credit for making this lot. My wonderful husband did the baking, while I was stationed on the couch with a sleeping baby in my arms. We work as a tag team these days, whoever is baby-free does what needs to be done. And I have to add that the muffins were made with bucket loads of love. Here's how he did it.
Ingredients
2 cups self raising flour*
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
2 eggs
feta cheese, diced, to taste
roast sweet potato, diced, to taste
rosemary, to taste
How to Make
Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the milk and eggs and mix to form the batter. Then add cubed feta cheese, roast sweet potato and chopped rosemary. Mix all together, spoon into a greased 12 cup muffin tray and bake 180 degrees celsius for about 20 minutes. Test they are cooked with a skewer if you're not sure.
Eat warm with butter!
Or eat for breakfast the next day, cut in half and grill cheese on the cut side. Seriously good.
* We used gluten free self raising flour.
Ingredients
2 cups self raising flour*
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
2 eggs
feta cheese, diced, to taste
roast sweet potato, diced, to taste
rosemary, to taste
How to Make
Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the milk and eggs and mix to form the batter. Then add cubed feta cheese, roast sweet potato and chopped rosemary. Mix all together, spoon into a greased 12 cup muffin tray and bake 180 degrees celsius for about 20 minutes. Test they are cooked with a skewer if you're not sure.
Eat warm with butter!
Or eat for breakfast the next day, cut in half and grill cheese on the cut side. Seriously good.
* We used gluten free self raising flour.
Those look sooo good. Sweet potatos & feta = two of my favourite things ever.
ReplyDeleteyum!
ReplyDeleteI love Muffins. look so yummy
ReplyDeleteYour muffins look lovely and I like the sound of your "go-to" meal combo with the pasta pesto too. Think I'm going to be giving this a try with the last of the Purple Sprouting Broccoli from the garden.
ReplyDeletePurple Sprouting Broccoli - sounds good! The colours would look great too :) I've just discovered broccoli thriving in our garden from last summer's plants. Yummo!
Delete