The lovely Sarah from Exploring Woods nominated me for a Liebster award. Now it's happened a few times in my blogging life and I've never played the game. But what the heck, how about I sort of half play by my own rules today?
So I have to share 11 random facts about me. Here you go:
1. I'm not very good at following rules. The more there are, the less inclined I am to follow them.
2. I'm very particular with how I like my porridge prepared. There are steps to be followed, in the correct order, and I do not deviate from this. And no honey, it has to be raw sugar that caramelises on top.
3. I have an annoying cowlick in my hair that has been a source of irritation since I was a small girl.
4. My name is Jacqueline but the only person who really calls me that is my mother, and usually in that tone of displeasure [you know the one?].
5. I'm a big fan of the Twilight saga. I have all the dvd's, and I watch them. And of course I've read the books.
6. I'm good at statistics. I failed my first year statistics unit when I first went to uni, the only thing I ever failed, but then I got it. And it turned out to be my best subject, spanning different courses and different uni's.
7. I really enjoy cycling in the heat of summer. I like it to be hot.
8. I drink too many cups of tea. But I haven't had a coffee since last October. I might have one soon though!
9. My favourite colours are bright orange and olive green.
10. I dream of having an Etsy shop, or a stall at a farmer's market, or both.
11. If I ever have trouble falling asleep [ha! no trouble these days, I'll take what I can get], I get up and eat cheese and do sudoku. Works a treat.
Now answering 11 questions that Sarah has chosen:
1. If you drink, what's your all time favourite drink?
I don't drink much anymore, but I do appreciate a good wine. All time favourite - a pinot noir from Central Otago in New Zealand.
2. Are you growing any plants inside or out?
There is a plant called 'Jacqueline' in our library/office/TV room, which is somehow still alive. I have lots of plants outside, mostly vegies, herbs, westringias and pittosporums. And a dwarf orange tree. I would like to have more flowers growing though. One day.
3. What would you bring in your picnic basket?
Probably a quiche or frittata [loaded up with lots of feta], a sharp cheese and crackers, some fruit, maybe some nuts. And something sweet of course [which in my imagination is something decadent like a homemade cheesecake type of thing, but in reality is more likely to be homemade muffins or biscuits or banana bread].
4. What's the last book you read?
Down to Earth by Rhonda Hetzel. I read it cover to cover, it was wonderful.
5. What colour is your bathroom?
There is a lot of white, with a maroon colour in the tiles, and a beige bath and vanity. Not what I would choose but it's what we've got right now.
6. Favourite mythical creature?
Probably a centaur. But more like Mr Tumnas from Narnia, who I believe is part deer and part man.
7. Early riser or night owl?
Both. There just aren't enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do.
8. What's a word or phrase you use a lot?
'Do you reckon...' which is in the context of being stationed on the couch feeding a baby, and wanting something [drink of water, macbook, cup of tea being moved to within arm's reach] but aware that my husband must be getting very tired of me asking for things: do you reckon you could just [insert request here], please? Thank you...
9. Current desktop picture?
The stock standard image that came on the macbook - the milky way galaxy I think. I've never felt the need to change it, it's pretty cool.
10. Do you like watching and or playing sports? If so, what's your favourite?
Yes, selectively. I like watching Aussie rules and the Tour de France [on at the moment!]. I ride mountain bikes and have competed on and off in cross country mountain bike racing for over 10 years now.
11. If you had to choose between a million dollars and the ability to fly, which would it be?
Not sure. Being able to fly would be pretty cool, but I like being grounded, so I guess I'd choose a million dollars.
Now this is the part where I'm supposed to come up with 11 questions of my own, and tag 11 other bloggers. And this is where I'm deviating from the rules! So rather than tag people, I would love to hear some random facts about the readers of this blog, because I love knowing who reads and a bit about you. Leave a comment and tell me something about yourself! Or leave me a link to your blog so I can go take a look. I'd really love to hear from you. Yes you!
Never such a thing as too much tea!
ReplyDeleteRandom fact: To many people's surprise, I am a natural blonde :D
Hehe agreed :)
DeleteCool, so is it true that blondes have more fun? Occasionally I wonder how I would look with blonde hair but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be good.
Mr Tumnus is a faun not a centaur,but points on style; I like fauns too.
ReplyDeleteRandom fact; I can not turn down a creature in need and so have a large family.
Have a look at my blog; http://gardengoddess246.blogspot.com.au/
Of course! He is a fawn, I stand corrected. Yes, that should read fawn above then.
DeleteThanks for sharing your blog!
Hmmmm well aside from my love of gardening, I write a blog on tarot, I study astrology and have completed a yoga course, and previous to that I worked as an engineer, until my soul was sucked dry roundabout the age of 28. And I would love to do a herbal course, more along the lines of folk herbal medicine, but for now I am content to brew up simple concoctions. That's enough, me thinks ;)
ReplyDeleteTarot, now there's an interesting subject. I'm intrigued by it and afraid of it at the same time. I probably don't understand it enough. Astrology is such a fascinating thing, I regularly read a specific horoscope, but avoid reading most. It's a trust thing. Thanks so much for sharing these snippets!
DeleteI am in the middle of a three year tarot learning course now. It's nothing to be afraid of; unless you don't like self exploration (and I know you live for it from reading your posts).
DeleteI also have a diploma in clinical herbalism, because herbs and vegetables, etc have been a passion of mine (anything you can put in your mouth really, Freud would have a field day).
Yay, I'm glad you did this! Think you'll find enough random facts about me on my blog though. :) & yum, I want your picnic food right now!
ReplyDeleteI've got a random fact, My elbows and knees naturally hyperextend. My elbows are double jointed and look really freaky when I lock them. I can also turn my elbows all the way around.
ReplyDeleteit's nice to know a little more about you
ReplyDeleteI like your skirt