As a child I remember my mother taking me to endless nurseries. For the most part I didn't mind; they usually offered interesting landscaping and abundant greenery and exciting twisting paths leading here and there and everywhere. And it seems our son is going to suffer the same fate. We've spent the last two Sunday's visiting nurseries. Our local for some basics - a replacement westringia, an apricot tree [just in time] and a climbing rose, to be grown over the chook shed. Then a trip to Lambley, which we've been talking about doing for a long time now [talking about it and actually doing it with a 4.5 month old baby are very different things]. But we got there.
I find a world of inspiration at Lambley. Not necessarily because I want our garden to be as ordered and structured as the gardens at Lambley are - I don't. There is room for chaos and disorder in our garden, so long as it is confined to perfectly structured and crafted beds. But I do appreciate very much the attention to detail and exacting precision of the Lambley garden layout. Browse the following images and you'll see what I'm talking about. We were lucky with the weather - it rained most of the drive to get there, it rained while we had a nappy change and got rugged up in the car. And the rain stopped for long enough that we got to enjoy a wander through this beautiful winter garden.
We took home some daffodils, and seeds of marigolds and nasturtiums. We're hoping for another visit Lambley in spring, just to see the pretty blossoms and tulips and expansive vegetable garden.
Lovely!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful family shot at the end!!
ReplyDeleteNurseries are so inspiring aren't they; I always come home with new ideas (my partner hates it because he has to help me implement them).
I prefer chaos to order mostly too, but order has it's place, especially when you have a baby.
Beautiful photo! Winter garden! In Scotland weather look the same ( finish sammer )
ReplyDeletei like these photos!
ReplyDeleteSo pretty! I love your family photo. :) I don't think I'd mind winter so much if it rained all the time, but we get lots of snow here; makes it scary for driving, haha. Do you get snow at all?
ReplyDeleteWe get the occasional snowfall, but it's only ever a novelty really, it doesn't settle on the ground. I'd be way too scared to drive in snow; I just wouldn't go anywhere!
Delete