14 March 2014

In The Garden… mostly ornamentals

The garden is home to so much more than just the vegies I regularly blog about. We have a lot of work to do in prettying up the garden here but we have made some small inroads. Cooler weather and some rain will help to get a few more little projects under way.

Lavender flowers bordering the back deck. They survived the harsh summer on a daily dose of baby bath water.

A salvia in bloom. The sole survivor of the six I planted; the rest succumbed to the 40+ degrees temps for days on end. Seems no amount of water could save them. But this one is now quite happy.

Matter. A cat on a log. Every garden should have one.

Anti-matter. A cat that spends the day sleeping in the chook run, waiting for little birds to fly in and eat the chook pellets. Very, very naughty. Matter and Anti-matter repel each other very strongly.

And finally, La Luna. And some pretty cool cloud formations if you look closely.

How is your garden looking this week?

I'll be doing this post weekly, on Friday's, so if you would like to join me and share something In The Garden, please do! Any and all gardens, plants in pots and balconies, the gardens at your local park, any garden will do. Leave a like to your blog in the comments so we can take a look. Simone from With Vintage and Me has been so consistent with her In The Garden posts [thanks for joining in Simone!] and last week had some great photos, including a little visitor!

6 comments:

  1. I love new look your blog - now I see on my pc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanna :) I've been wanting to change it for ages, I finally made time to do it, and I like it so much.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jacqui, our plants suffered from the heat aswell. You can only give them water and hope they survive. Unfortunately my seedlings have got something on their leaves. I have put it on my post for In The Garden: http://withvintageandme.com/. Hope you have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simone, thanks again for joining in, it's lovely seeing your posts each week. Enjoy your weekend too! x

      Delete
  3. It's amazing how much you can find going on in your garden when you take the camera with you, love that lavender!

    I have posted today http://missusmoonshine.blogspot.com.au/

    Enjoy the weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, that's why I started doing this series, so that I would go out and look more closely at the garden. It's amazing what you find when you look. I love the lavender too, I can't get enough of it!
      Thanks for joining in!
      Have a great weekend too x

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.