13 March 2014

Being In The Flow


I have been wanting to write this week, but have found myself drawn away and away and away, every time I attempted to tap the keyboard. I got frustrated, I got angry, I got upset and finally I got over it. So over it. Like today when I finally had a few minutes to myself, with my cold cup of tea, to attempt to write, and the internet was not playing. I was so over it all.

But once I reached that point, there was a huge sense of relief. It literally washed over my body. Instead of sitting with macbook in my lap, on a gloriously sunny autumn afternoon in which my little one was napping for longer than usual, I went outside. I stretched, I breathed, I looked around and I admired. I saw chickens resting. I gave the new spinach seedlings a drink of seasol, even though they're looking a little yellow and are likely to bolt [so likely that the fellow at the nursery gave them to me for nothing, but the chooks will still love it]. I watered in the broad bean seeds we planted yesterday. I picked nine tomatoes, and two little capsicums. I pulled up two small leeks and pulled off four stalks of celery. I poked my head into the chook house and spied Audrey attempting to lay, with a cat in altogether way too close proximity

And then I went inside, and washed up the few dishes from lunch. I tidied a little. I started making some banana muffins, wanting to get them into the oven before William woke up, but knowing I was pushing my luck. My luck was pushed, and he woke when I was half done with the prep. And it was all good. It was wonderful in fact. I went to my son, himself groggy from a long sleep, feeling refreshed and like all was well in our little house. And we freshened up, and finished baking muffins and had warm muffins for tea time. Well I did at any rate, he preferred to munch on a pear. It was blissful.

I don't generally like it when I can't do what it is that I want to do, but sometimes the world has a way of handing you exactly what you need, right when you need it, whether you like it or not. To fight against the offering is to be going against the flow. To accept it gracefully, albeit after stamping of the feet and shaking of the head, is to be in the flow. It is the only place to be. 

The weight of my week is now off my shoulders.

4 comments:

  1. I got frustrated when I try to write in English what exacly I think. It's always happen when I have time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine that must be quite difficult. I like your English and how you write :)

      Delete
  2. It's true, life hands you what you need. I have tried to live by the same philosophy myself; accept and move on. I sometimes get frustrated by breakdowns and not being able to do what I want to do, but usually it works out for the best and I get everything I need to do done. Enjoy the long sleeps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, as frustrating as it can be, the only thing to do is just go with it. I know I like to be able to plan and control things a little too much sometimes. And somehow things do still get done.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.