It feels like it's been ages since I last posted a bunch of Instagram images. I guess it has been a few months but honestly, just looking back at some of these images, it feels like sooo long ago. I guess that's what happens when you have a 12 month old. I thought the early baby days were full on, and they were, but in a different way to now (I think I'm looking back through rose tinted glasses which aren't showing me the sleepless nights and nappies that took days to dry.. parenting is just full on, period). Now I'm busy with a little walker. Walking! My little baby is all grown into a toddler who walks. Anyway I've enjoyed this little trip down memory lane of the last few months or so of life, I hope you enjoy a little look too.
Nashi pears from the market. A lady selling six for a dollar, so we got quite a few. So delicious! And so beautiful too.
A typical summer garden harvest. Eggs, tomatoes, zucchini, rainbow chard. Summer staples.
Pretty things to add to dinner. Garlic from the market, thyme and oregano from the garden.
My boy, with a packet of biscuits that I thought he couldn't open. Yeah, he opened them, he spread them all on the floor, he crunched them all in half, and he wandered off to wreak havoc somewhere else in the house. But oh so cute.
Us, taking the dogs for a walk up the hill on a Friday morning.
Delightful yarn! I won a giveaway on Little Woollie blog and this was the prize. I'm still looking at it wondering what to do with it. Such beautiful colours, I'm looking forward to working with it.
Celery from the garden. I'm using it for making stock mostly, and in some meals too (like lentil bolognese). It needs quite a lot of cooking but the flavour is amazing.
A full house of eggs from our chookies. Good girls!
First coffee back, after almost two years off the stuff. I was a little concerned that one coffee would be all it took, and the floodgates would be open again. And I was correct. I'm loving the feeling of caffeine coursing through my veins once again. Sounds horrible, and it probably is! It's a drug, you know..
Afternoon harvest that was used to make a silverbeet and ricotta tart. So good. I'm starting to get into making tarts these days.
A little bowl of smartie goodness.
Bubachino, for my buba. His eyes grow so wide when we make him one of these, and he has this look as if to say 'is that for me???'. And then he eats it in a little frenzy of coloured froth. We were never going to be those parents either, but it just happened.
I'm still as addicted to Instagram as ever. I'm pretty sure it's not healthy. You can find me @dustycountryroad or click here, if you like.



Thanks for sharing Jacqui - all great shots. I had to chuckle over the babychino comment. Everyone plans to be the perfect parent! Life has to be fun tho too.
ReplyDeleteYou've got me thinking about instagram now. I've just started on online course to improve my business strategies (hah) with my little vintage sales wares - and I'm sure this will come into it somewhere.
Oh wow, good for you Wendy, I hope your business strategies get a great boost. Careful of instagram - it can be addictive!
Deletehi jacqui! i've been offline a little to enjoy easter, so now i'm catchign up. youy've shared some lovely images and lovely thoughts in your last few posts.
ReplyDeletei don't think you need to have a child to reflect upon the cost of living and what sort of life you want. i am doign that now. wantign a beautiful life, surrounded by lovely things - but then how many 'things' does one really need? when does frugal become spartan and joyless?
but enough dreariness. lovely to catch up. have a great weekend.
oh and PS your chookies ARE good gilrs - we are having to buy eggs at th emomnet because mum's chooks are moulting and 'off the lay'!
Hi e! Lovely to have you here :) I hope you had a wonderful easter.
DeleteIt's true, you definitely don't need a child to think about what you really want out of life. I think I've spent many years pondering the issue, and the goalposts have just changed a bit now that there is a child. But I agree completely, when does frugal become joyless! We tried to cut out going to cafe's but we just love our little outings, and really, in the scheme of things they're not much. We are here to enjoy life, I believe!
As for chookies, we've got one good girl right now… one is broody AGAIN! And three youngsters not yet laying. *sigh* the chicken saga. Got to love them though.