I gotta say, I'm feeling a bit disconnected from my blog right now. I've hardly been in this space for what feels like ages and I've almost forgotten what to do. Seriously.
I knew my blogging would be a bit reduced, what with taking on a new course and all, but I didn't realise how all-consuming it would be. All the little bits of time when I would have been blogging, or taking photos, or editing photos, are being diverted into course work. Which is great, I'm still loving it, but I'm missing this little space. And all the lovely readers who visit here too. I miss you!
I still go through my days composing this blog post or that in my head, but I don't get that time to sit and tap them out on the keys, into something hopefully meaningful and coherent and press the 'publish' button. I've started writing a bunch of posts, and abandoned them half way and never finished them, and I probably won't. I don't like drafts hanging around for long. If it's there to be written, I'll write it and be done with it, is my usual way of operating.
And the longer I'm away from this space, the harder it is to start back. Have you ever experienced that? I don't know what to write! Should I write about our changing rhythms in the colder months? Or my experience of breastfeeding a toddler? Or what about that soap I made a while back, that I never got around to writing the post about? Or maybe my weekly menu planning thing that I do. Perhaps a recipe? I definitely want to share a few links with you, some people have been up to some great stuff. And what about an Instagram post, they're always good when time is short.
So here I write a little ramble instead. I hope I can get back into the swing of things with my blogging again. And possibly branch out from just posting photos of either my son in the 52 series, or flowers. Have you noticed? I have. Time to branch out and flex the creative muscle!
A little link to leave you with. These gorgeous chicken drawings by my blogging buddy Joanna. Some of these have arrived in my little hands and I cannot wait to mount them on a wall (soon, in a new home..). Maybe I should write that post about how we had 2 chickens, then 1, then 3, then 8, then 7, then 5, and then 2 again. Next time.
It's good to be back!

I love to be on your blog. I always look forward to another post. But I understand. I currently can not find space on my blog. There is now a mess. I have recently a problem with thinking in English, a crisis of my foreign language, so my posts are mostly pictures.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny isn't it. After all it's just a web page! But we complicate things. Your blog is looking great by the way, you have so many good posts these days.
DeleteI love your flower photos!! After having a break of about 5-6 weeks over summer it was certainly hard to get back into it. What the hell did I write. I had been sitting on a beach and doing nothing the whole time...But then did one post and was hooked again. It comes and goes even now. Last week I had 6 posts ready to go and now I have nothing. Oh well. Its just how it goes. Plus Im always changing what i think I want the blog to be about. The garden, the kids, my musings, something funny I saw or did, something I made...The list just rolls on and on...Its fun so i just keep doing it. Post away on all of those things you mentioned. We then get to put more pieces together about you.....Good on you for doing the study as well. I think i just wrote way too much..he he
ReplyDeleteAw thanks :)
DeleteYeah I'm constantly changing things up, at least in my head anyway! You're right, it is fun. Sometimes I think I take it all too seriously and forget to just enjoy it for what it is. Thanks for you comment!
There are seasons for everything, and maybe this 'season' is for your creativity to be going to your design course instead I'm excited for you that it's going so well! xx
ReplyDeleteYes, I don't really want a season of not blogging but I'm struggling to find the creative spark for it. I guess you just have to go with the flow, right. x
Delete