
Winter officially starts in a couple of days. We've had a couple of frosty mornings already, and the fog is starting to sit. Life in this little home is mostly delightful; mornings, our outside time, the lunch hour, the outside jobs and the dinner and bed routine - the rhythm of our days. I watch the interruptions to our rhythm, and try to minimise them. I watch as my little boy's own rhythms change, creating changes to our day.
I've picked up a crochet hook again, which I've not touched in months. A blanket for my little boy is slowly taking form. With the yarns that I rushed out to buy about a year ago, for this purpose. I guess there wasn't such a rush after all.
Managing the animals here continues to take up much of my time and head space, on top of parenting a wonderfully bright toddler. Flo and Harmony have completely opposite needs - I'm trying to keep the weight on Harmony, and with not much feed coming through in the paddock I'm relying on hay, mostly oaten hay as that is what I can get. And with Flo, well she founders at the sight of oaten hay, so I've got to keep her away from it. So we fenced in her spring paddock in the trees again, my little one and I, and she's going to stay there for a little while and eat lucerne in peace. Plus the two roosters, Edward and Edward. One of them can stay, the other has to go. Anyone looking for an Australorp rooster?
Apples. We have a lot of apples to eat. I'm thinking up all the things I want to bake with William, so we can eat them warm with melted ice cream. Apple pie, apple crumble, maybe some apple muffins or apple scrolls. I will make at least one of those happen!
All of the images in this post are cropped from my Instagram account. I'm over there much more than I am here, simply because it's more accessible, and I could probably talk about crystals all day. I'm spending more time away from the computer than I have in years actually, and it's a nice change.







Hope you are making good progress on the blanket, it is amazing how much you can get done when you sit at it for a block of time, you get into a rhythm that seems to speed up the output.
ReplyDeleteI am making *house socks* for a friends daughter who has just moved to Melbourne, they can be made in nice thick wool and can be made on 2 needles with very little shaping, I made up the pattern, but I am sure you could find one online. (They are waaaaay quicker than fine fully shaped socks to wear with shoes, ) Toasty warm for around the house.
Beautiful photos....sound like things are going well for you both.. A lovely rhythm of life of your own terms.
ReplyDelete