A hectic week. We've been having a new kitchen installed this week. I'm not going to complain but I'll just say it makes life with a 7 week old baby that much harder. It is all worth it though. More on that another time.
We've recently been enjoying afternoon walks in the bush. The image above is in the range just behind our town. The last of the paddocks on one side, and bush stretching up the other side into a long ridge in the Pyrenees ranges. I have such a strong urge to be out there, it used to be on my bike, but now I walk with William and the dogs. It's a nice way to spend an hour.
In other news, we have 3 baby chicks. George the rooster [who is still here] has done his job, not that we wanted him to, and Gloria chicken has been sitting on eggs for weeks now. Finally on Tuesday morning we found the three littles. Does anyone know anything about raising baby chickens? As we don't.
Looking forward to a weekend with sleep-ins, cups of tea and some baking in our new oven. That part is pretty exciting. What have you got planned for the weekend?
That looks like such a great place to just walk and enjoy the Earth.
ReplyDeleteIt is, but there's also a sadness to it I find. In the past 150 years this whole area was logged, and totally mined for gold. So the trees are young, there's lots of stumps of massive trees that were cut down, and evidence of diggings everywhere. But I also think there is an element of healing for the earth by being in this space to appreciate and enjoy it. And I'm happy that it is covered in trees once again.
DeleteI love this photo.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait baby chicken photo.:)
In weekend - I will work :-(
Have you a great weekend.
I'm trying to get a good photo of the chicks, they are really cute!
DeleteEnjoy your weekend too - even the working :-)
That photo is gorgeous! My sister and in laws raise chickens, they're super easy to take care of, and are great composters.
ReplyDeleteIt's a lovely spot :-)
DeleteWell so far so good, they're still going after 5 days, so they must be alright. Mother hen seems to know just what to do. Instincts hey!
If the chicks are with their mother, and free range they should be fine.
ReplyDeleteIf not free range, you could just get some chicken mash because they probably can't eat what she eats while they are tiny, or put some vegies and warm oatmeal through the blender for them.
Well they're with their mother, in the chook house. We aren't letting them out into the yard just yet as our cats and dogs might be too tempted with little baby chickens. I'll try putting these vegies in the blender. I've given them scraps with cooked rice too. Thanks for the advice. We're also going to get some baby chicken feed from the produce store.
DeleteHehe, George. :) yay for baby chickens! I want chickens one day; maybe next year...
ReplyDeleteWhat's the first thing you're making in your new oven?! Hope your kitchen gets done soon.
I know, yay for baby chickens! We didn't actually want them, but now that they're here, well, they're too cute!! Yeah get chickens :)
Delete