30 May 2013

Inspired to Create

Recently I was lucky enough to win a giveaway over on Be Creative Mommy, and lovely Joanna sent me these pretty crochet coasters, complete with little love hearts, for sharing tea with my love. Something we were lacking in this house too, so these have filled the hole very nicely.

Apart from being just lovely to have, I've also been inspired to pick up the crochet hook and yarn again myself. Years ago on a mountain biking trip around New Zealand, a friend taught me how to crochet a beanie. And then I made lots of beanies, and a blanket which still keeps me warm every night [although arguably now belongs to the cats].

But then more years passed, and I forgot how to work with the little hook. When I picked it up it felt foreign in my hands, and I thought the art was lost to me. Over the past week I tried again, and it took a few goes to get it right, and even then it only happened when I turned my brain off and let my fingers do their thing. But I remembered!

I'm so happy to be working the little hook again, and my head is so full of ideas of things I want to create. Thanks to Joanna, for the coasters and for the inspiration to have another go at my forgotten pastime. 

5 comments:

  1. i am addicted to crocheting - usually during the summer months i slow down and don't really have any projects. plus ive made blankets for almost everyone in my family, not sure who else to make them for, but i know i still need to make more hahah

    have fun picking it back up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so addictive isn't it! There are just too many colour combinations to try, things to make, yarns to try... *sigh* need more time.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely gift, so glad you are back into playing with yarn again, it will save your sanity some days, with me it was knitting and quilt making , when you are pushed for time, you can "tie" a quilt instead of hand or machine quilting, making a quilt for your baby is so much fun and you can find fabric on sale or cut up op shop clothing.
    Sometimes you can find yarn at the op shops.
    You can check out ideas and lots of free patterns and instructions on a US site called "Lion brand yarns".......have fun !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a sanity saver! I'll take a look at this site, thank you. I'd love to make a blanket for my little one, need a few practice pieces to get my neatness back first I think.

      Delete
  3. Thanks Jacqui . I can wait more you crochets and you ideas. I love inspiration people I so happy that I did it. It's for me so inspiration too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.