27 May 2013

Babies

My baby is 9 weeks old today. Where does the time go? And he's grown so much, so very fast. I had no idea how fast babies grow. In fact I had no idea about anything much to do with babies. I'm learning, as fast as I can now! I'm a pretty big fan of babies now I have to say. Actually I love them. I've turned into that person that goes 'ooooh' over a little baby, instead of the girl who said 'meh' with complete disinterest when discussion turned to babies. How times have changed.
Aren't they adorable?

And it's pretty good, this having a baby thing. Changing nappies doesn't bother me in the slightest, even though it one of those things people assume is a drawback of having a baby. Waking in the night doesn't bother me much [although ask my husband and he might say otherwise]. Doing constant loads of washing to make sure baby always has clean clothes and nappies doesn't bother me at all - I enjoy the rhythm of the necessary daily tasks. I love having this baby boy.

We got hold of a dvd about learning to understand your baby's talking [found here], which we watched for the first time last night. Now we're analysing every noise the little guy makes. Does he need to be burped? Was that a hungry sound? Oh no I think he's got wind! And so on it goes. We were up for an hour last night trying to settle him based on our new knowledge. I will only say that that's the first time we've been up for an hour in, oh lets see, 9 weeks. Hmmm. I wonder if all he wanted was to go back to sleep in peace. 

Do you know what else happens when you have a small baby? People like you. For no reason other than the fact that you have a little baby. Walking across a pedestrian crossing with baby in arms, and a large man with a scary moustache driving a big old 4WD yells out the window to my husband and I  'nice baby'. Ladies in cafes stop to tell you about their new granddaughter/grandson. People smile at you more. Sometimes I'm in a shop without my baby in my arms, and I wonder why people aren't smiling at me all the time. Then I remember, it's not me. It's my baby.

Ah babies. Life is lovely with a baby.

2 comments:

  1. 'Life is lovely with a baby'
    I love my oooh aahh like I see baby
    your baby is so cute {you know ;-)}

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's true, people love the babies. You'll have to let us know if you become a baby noise language master.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.