3 June 2013

Saturday Morning

It was a few days ago now, but this is what happened.

Our baby woke us up early. Hardly surprising? Well actually it is surprising. He's a good little sleeper, our William. Which probably makes us very lucky parents. But on this Saturday morning, he decided 6am was time to get up. I actually love being up early [preferably with a solid sleep behind me], seeing the daylight creep across the sky. Easing into the day, enjoying a hearty cooked breakfast. This is one of our staple breakfast foods now. Potatoes and egg are the base ingredients, and cheese of course. Then we add whatever else we have on hand for variety. And a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Carbs plus protein plus vegies plus cheese. When I was pregnant I couldn't stand to eat cheese in the morning. It was totally off the list. I'm fully back on the program now. I don't think I could ever be vegan, I love cheese too much.

A little look at our new kitchen too. I am in love with this space in our house now, which is wonderful since I really, really disliked it in it's old state. 

Did your weekend get off to a good start?

6 comments:

  1. Is your kitchen all done now? That must be a relief! That's awesome that he's a good sleeper, what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All done except for some touch up painting. It is a massive relief and has changed the feel of the whole house.
      We are quite lucky I think, he'll happily sleep through til 9am or later if we don't (accidentally) wake him!

      Delete
  2. The kitchen looks a nice. My son is early bird :) . I love sleeping long. When I sleep long I m so happy 20 minut , after this Im angry that I lost too much day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I also get annoyed if I lose too much of the day sleeping :)

      Delete
  3. My new kitchen has been in 2 weeks, replaced due to water damage, all drawers,(heaps more storage space) except sink cupboard, gloss white all fronts and ebony marble laminate bench tops, nice and simple.
    It makes life so much easier when you have a well functioning easy to clean kitchen :)
    Hope you are enjoying your new space, it looks good.
    Babies loose lots of body warmth through their head, maybe little man got cold ? A warm hat that buttons on might be worth a try, the temperature here dropped 5 degrees between 6 and 6.30 this morning.....chilly !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitchen drawers are great, we couldn't get them as we have too many corner cupboards. It sounds lovely. I'm certainly enjoying having a new kitchen, and it is so easy to keep it clean now too.
      He may have been chilly, not entirely sure, although we do keep the room warm with an oil heater on overnight. I often hold him in bed while he sleeps between 6-8ish, I think he does feel the cold at that time. Plus I just love cuddling him.
      That is a big drop in temperature! Ouch!!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.