4 October 2013

Good Reads This Week

After a mega week of moving and unpacking and 6 month old parenting, I've barely had time to think about the blog. I have no idea where my camera is [thank goodness for phone cameras hey] and I now know just how slow the internet becomes when you hang a pair of pants from the yagi antenna which has yet to make it onto the roof. 

Anyway, it's all good because we've got a ton of beautiful orange and purple flowers in the garden, and I've read some great blogs this week which I'd love to share with you. The theme here is that as individuals, we can make a difference to global problems. I like to think this is the case. Believe me though, sometimes I turn on the news [only sometimes] and feel woefully depressed about the state of our world. So, some weekend reading for you, my lovely readers.

This piece on what we as individuals can do to reduce our contribution to climate change [if we all do a little bit, it adds up to a lot].

And this piece, on how your choice of chocolate impacts on forced child labour. I don't think we'll be eating too much Cadburys in this house anymore.

And finally, can I just say thank you to all who read and comment on this blog. Honestly this little space on the internet really starts to feel like a community of like-minded folk. I'm incredibly grateful and humbled that you take the time to stop by and have a read or leave a comment. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reading. I really need to think something positive at the moment. I just lost two assignments due to a computer stuff up and my failure to back up; so I'm a lot stressed. Thank you for commenting on my blog too; it really makes me feel that someone is listening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to do something for the world, but I still think it's too little. Chocolate did not buy for other reasons, but now I certainly do not buy thise chocolate.
    .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.