19 November 2013

A Book Launch: Less Toxic Living

I'm very happy to be sharing with you the launch today of a book, Less Toxic Living, by Kirsten McCulloch. Kirsten is the person behind Sustainable Suburbia, a great resource for living more sustainably in the midst of our modern lifestyles. The book Less Toxic Living is a wonderful, comprehensive collection of articles about how we can reduce the toxic burden in our lives. I have to warn you, reading this book will make you change your behaviour, and you may [if you're anything like me] suddenly stop using a lot of products in your home!


Topics covered in the book include toxins in the home, making and using green cleaners, food and water, plastics and cosmetics and skincare. The book is written such that you can open it at any section and read, you don't have to follow from start to finish. All the information is easy to understand, and the best part is that is offers solutions to the everyday toxic things life presents us with. I know for me, I've been aware of many issues identified in this book, but it's all been in the 'too hard to deal with' basket, so I've not done anything. Well, now I have.

Since reading this book, we have added a bunch of indoor plants, switched away from using plastic wherever possible, switched to a safer dishwashing liquid, stopped using commercial liquid hand soap and made a much greater effort to avoid wearing our outdoor shoes inside the house. And a whole bunch more. You'll need to read it to know why we've made these changes! I honestly thought we were pretty on top of living a simpler, cleaner life [I make our soap, and our laundry liquid, isn't that enough?] but I have had my eyes opened a little further through this book. And it offers solutions, not just problems. 

From now until 3 December, you can access the ebook for free. How good is that? Simply follow this link and use the code DUSTYROAD to download a copy. Alternatively, you can find the book on Amazon here, and a paperback version will shortly be available in Australia here. There are also a bunch of freebies if you download the ebook, including printables, a special offer on candles, free book chapters and bonus recipes. I hope you take a look at the book! Also take a look at Sustainable Suburbia if you haven't been over there yet.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing; I'm going to go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Jacqui, I have already downloaded and started to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jacqui {The book is on its way!}
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.