25 January 2014

Finding my way back

I've feel like I've been out of the blogging loop lately. Which is not altogether a bad thing, and it may not be apparent since I've still been posting up here on the blog. But I've been absent. Finding space in my days to think about blog posts, or check in on my blog or read a few other blogs, well it just kind of disappeared. And because it stopped happening, I stopped thinking about it, and it somehow feels hard to even get myself back into a blogging headspace.

I think part of it is feeling like whatever I do have time to do, it won't be good enough. I have minimal time with the camera, and as much as I would love to spend that extra bit of time to work on images, it isn't there right now. And I've been so completely absorbed in daily life, and that the things I'd love to get a photo of, I haven't, because sometimes you just have to live it, rather than photograph it. Sometimes I do feel that in reaching for my camera to capture this moment or that, by the time I'm ready to click the button, the moment is gone, and I've missed it. 

So we have baby chickens, five of them, and I don't have an image of them yet [well ok I do, but they're all blurry, chickens are such a tricky subject to photograph as they just don't stand still!]. But I haven't done my little baby chicken blog post since I don't have an image. And they're over two weeks old now, getting bigger and getting their chicken feathers and losing their baby fluffiness. They are cheeky and sweet and I've no idea how Frankie chicken is coping with five babies. I have a hard enough time with one.

I've been making lots of yummy dessert-type of treats lately. Experimenting with pastry and summer fruits, making galettes, and tarts, and turnovers and little pies. But because I'm putting them together on the fly around dinner time, I'm already under pressure to just make it happen [a 10 month old can leave you feeling totally under duress when they want something, and I'm sure it only gets harder once they can actually speak], and the lighting isn't so good at that time of day, so again no images. But I'm loving experimenting with these new treats.

And so on it goes. The blogging loop just hasn't been happening for me the last month or so. I guess a new balance is needed, and I'm working on finding it. And in the mean time, life is ticking along very nicely, the garden is growing and surviving the heat [thriving in fact], and we're enjoying our summer. I pulled up all my lettuces this week, they had gone to flower and I left them to it for a while. These were the last leaves I harvested from this lot. I wish I already had more in the ground, something I've yet to master is succession planting. But one thing at a time. 

Do you blog? Ever find yourself getting into a cycle of 'not blogging'? 

3 comments:

  1. I go through phases of this. There are times when I'm all about the blog.... and there are times when I'm just not. It's fairly consistent that I'm thinking about what I could be writing, but I don't always have the time or energy to pull off writing something that I feel comfortable publishing. There are times when I don't bother reading what other people say, don't follow up on comments...

    I know these days, it's been tough to find the time and energy. My free time is mostly being sucked up by offline creative projects, so writing on the blog is less of a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely in the not blogging cycle right now. Still reading them, but not finding the desire to blog...at least, when I do think I want to, I think of all the picture taking, uploading, editing, and such, and then I don't want to again. :)

    Good to hear about the baby chickens! I just got a book on them, hoping to learn more and prepare for ours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't actually thought about blogging being a cycle; but you are right, it is. I have periods of intense activity and not so intense activity too. I do try to read my favorite blogs regularly though (yours is definitely on that list). We have four new chicks this week too; my daughter didn't pick up the eggs while we were away for a week so we have more babies than we need again this year (hello, rooster give away in May).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.