13 February 2014

A little taking stock...

Did you know I'm doing a blogging course at the moment? Probably not! I decided to join in the fun of Blog With Pip [I've seen a few people do this course, and it looked worthy, so I thought why not, I could do with some fresh insights]. So as part of my learning, here's a little 'taking stock' post. I hope you enjoy!


Making : a crochet blanket, in my favourite colours, burnt orange and olive green.
Cooking : sweet potato and chickpea curry.
Drinking : chai tea.
Reading: A library book I saw out of the corner of my eye at Baby Rhyme Time [vintage style on the cover caught my eye]. Under The Influence by Jacqueline Lunn, I'm loving it.
Wanting: more time - to crochet that blanket, plant some more vegies, make a new garden bed out the front, update my blog, read that book, etc.
Looking: at a couple of new Donna Hay recipe books I picked up last week.
Playing: peekaboo around the couch with my baby boy.
Deciding: to just enjoy this moment.
Enjoying: some time out while baby naps.
Waiting: for baby to wake up so we can have lunch.
Liking: the overcast skies today, such a welcome change from the harsh summer sun.
Loving: our newfound rhythms, our days are so much gentler now.
Pondering: a trip to the city with my boy, he's not been to the city yet.
Considering: making biscuits, or muffins, or both.
Watching: the weather.
Hoping: that it will rain today, and tomorrow.
Marvelling: at how well the herb garden is now growing, despite the heat lately.
Needing: to go for a ride on my bike.
Smelling: lavender this, lavender that.
Wearing: jeans and a t shirt and thongs, standard issue these days.
Following: some new-to-me blogs, love!
Noticing: how dry the front yard is after all the hot weather, and lack of hand watering.
Knowing: all is well.
Thinking: I should be blanching and freezing corn, rather than blogging..
Feeling: grateful.
Admiring: my sleeping babe, so absolutely perfect [they all are].
Sorting: the room with our desks, henceforth to be called the study.
Buying: not much at the moment.
Getting: the hang of photoshop, and I like it.
Disliking: many of my clothes; I am tempted to give the whole lot to the charity bin and start over, and if I had the time and money, I would do just that.
Opening: my heart.
Giggling: about the antics of our 10 month old.
Feeling: excited about changing up my blog space a bit [keep an eye out soon!].
Snacking: on a yummy quiche from our local Street Harvest this morning, and chocolate, and tea.
Dreaming: of a new wardrobe, in nothing but colours and fabrics and cuts that I love [an ongoing project, perhaps].
Wishing: it would rain, but not until the nappies are dry.
Hearing: a dog sighing in his sleep next to me.
My favourite thing about this post - that little chubby baby hand in the photo. Joining in with Pip.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower to your blog having found you through 'blogwithpip'. I just wanted to say how much I love your posts - they are gorgeous! I'm due to have bub no 4 soon and loved reading your birth story - i'm hoping to do things differently this time round with our lucky last!
    Great list - i adored the little chubby hand in the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) Best of luck with bub no 4, I really can't imagine how you cope!
      You'll have more chubby hands soon too!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.