10 February 2014

Little Bits of Lately [Instagram..]

I love Instagram. I really do. I often contemplate going without a smart phone, as it really is one of those nice but not actually necessary things in life, but then I think... no Instagram... I'm not sure I want to do that. So basically my iPhone is still with me for this purpose. I don't know what it is, I just love having these little square images, little snippets of my everyday life that I would never capture on a DSLR because it's usually sitting somewhere out of harm's way until I actually want to do some 'photography'. Life is captured on Instagram [ok that's not quite true, life is captured on Camera + and then loaded into Instagram, but whatever..] and I love having these little images. Beautiful little reminders of what has been going on.

And apparently, one of my favourite things to Instagram is rainbow chard. Hmmm. Perhaps this is a sign that I need to branch out? In truth, I often take photos of little garden harvests, when I have time. It's so easy to take for granted how much we eat from the garden, but when I look back, I see we've been harvesting so much. And I still just love the colour of the stalks on the rainbow chard. I do often leave the stalks on the bench once I've chopped them off just because the colour is so pretty. And now William always wants to get hold of them to have a chew on [there's worse things he could be chewing, believe me, cat hair springs to mind]. 

Little gifts for Christmas [yeah, some of these are from a while ago].
The first beetroot of the season. Beautiful. 
Bits and bobs form the garden to make a red salad - beetroot, red lettuce, red quinoa.
A cup of tea to start the new year, with a seedy head for no apparent reason!
I've been loving making fancy-ish desserts this summer - think pastry, think fruits, think almond meal, think pies. Add ice cream and you are good to go. Fancy schmancy.
More rainbow chard... pretty colours.
Some little leeks were being crowded out by the ever-expanding zucchini, so we ate them instead.
A delightful little treat to self from The Hive Botanicals etsy shop. 
Yummy things to go in dinner - thyme and rosemary from the garden, garlic grown locally and bought at the farmers' market. 
The view at the midway point on a Saturday morning ride. I've been getting Saturday morning bike rides! This day was headed for 43 degrees or something ridiculous like that.
More rainbow chard, and zucchinis. Enough said?
More rainbow chard, and zucchinis. And some little leeks too. Because I just love taking photos of our home grown produce.

Are you addicted to Instagram? Am I following you? You can find me @dustycountryroad, if you just can't get enough swiss chard photos. 

5 comments:

  1. Same here! I'd like to get rid of my phone to save money, but I'd miss instagram. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Instagram but haven't used it much lately. Got to get back into it. I enjoy your photos, seeing everything that comes out of your garden, especially the rainbow chard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think my account worked in my comment. My blog is withvintageandme. And I do follow you on Instagram. Simone

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're Insty buddies - and I am VERY addicted to it. I've deleted Facebook, Pinterest etc from my phone, but can't get rid of Instagram ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O yeee I love Instagram and your instagram photos especially now, when we have winter :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.