![]() |
| Why does soy milk bubble the way it does? And when did I become a soy chai person? |
I'm not sure why, but vulnerability is a thing for me at the moment. It's coming at me left, right and centre. It's in on the page in a book I flipped open, it's in a topic for a parenting course I'm doing, it's there in an email I open up [instead of sending straight to the trash].
So what's the go?
Being vulnerable is risky. If I am vulnerable, I am open to being hurt. I am open to criticism without my defences kicking in, I am open to being used and betrayed. But also, in being vulnerable, I am open to receiving - open to blessings, open to seeing old situations in new ways, open to receiving love and compassion from those around me.
It's not an easy thing, to be vulnerable. We spend our lives building our story, our 'who I am', so we are safely protected, and not left vulnerable. To be vulnerable, is to rely on other people. To be vulnerable, is to trust other people. So if we strip all that back, detach from our story, allow everything to just 'be' without any thought as to consequences, what do we get?
I'm not quite sure yet. But I feel I'm being guided to do just that. Blogging itself creates vulnerability, unless that is, you play it very safe. Writing this post makes me feel vulnerable - what will people think?
So, here's to being vulnerable, and it being [hopefully] all ok. Happy weekends, lovely readers.

YES! I agree - I think it's a wonderful thing to try to bring more of into your life (and something I'm definitely trying to cultivate more of in mine)
ReplyDeleteI think vulnerability should always be paired with resilience; we can afford to be open to (possibly) being hurt if we have a plan for recovery afterwards. Being resilient doesn't mean we don't take chances and put ourselves out there, it means we can survive the consequences of that, whatever they may be.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on being resilient enough to be vulnerable.