7 February 2014

In The Garden... things are flowering

The evening light fades, the last rays hitting the metal fence. Little potato flowers forming are illuminated in the reflected light.


The coriander is flowering, a small plant that we've not even taken any leaves from, except when I pulled off some early flowers in the vain hope of slowing down the march of nature. And it made me want a Thai green curry so badly

The smallest rocket plants ever, I think. Seeds planted months ago, promptly germinated and grew into seedlings and and and... didn't get much bigger than seedlings. I thought they had gone in the heat, but no - standing less than 3 inches tall, they are now flowering.

And some chickens. Always some chickens. Bertie and the babies. So far Bertie is the only one to have a name. We're pretty sure Bertie is a boy.

What's happening in your garden this week?

I'll be doing this post weekly, on Friday's, so if you would like to join me and share something In The Garden, please do! Any and all gardens, plants in pots and balconies, the gardens at your local park, any garden will do. Leave a link to your blog in the comments and I'll be there to take a peek.

3 comments:

  1. "Children chickens" grow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, lots of my veg bolting to seed to, coriander, rocket and pak choy which I hadn't even started picking yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Autumn is here. I like the idea of a 'what's in the garden' post weekly. I will try to take part (but probably not every Friday). I love watching your chickens grow up, they are so cute aren't they.
    I don't know whether Bertie is a boy, but the dark one at the back looks rooster-ish to me. We seem to have about five roosters out of 12 this season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.