Our project for the past week or so has been getting a new garden bed going in the front yard. The bed itself was already there - full of dried off flowers from summer. The plants were pretty straggly, having been there for years and in need of some trimming. But I thought a more productive garden bed would suit us better. So the old plants were pulled, sheep poo was added, it was all dug over a bit, pea straw was laid out, and finally the seedlings went in. And now we water. Beetroot, lettuce, kale and a little capsicum that won't get to flower, but grew so beautifully from seed anyway.
My little helper.
Baby beetroots. A mix of punnets from the nursery and heirloom seeds from Diggers.
Up close and personal. An heirloom.
Time to water.
Much more exciting.
I'll be doing this post weekly, on Friday's, so if you would like to join me and share something In The Garden, please do! Any and all gardens, plants in pots and balconies, the gardens at your local park, any garden will do. Leave a like to your blog in the comments so we can take a look. From last week, With Vintage and Me is a regular In The Garden poster and has some very pretty seedlings on the go.





Hi Jacqui, Here is my In The Garden post: http://withvintageandme.com/. Your little boy looks like he enjoys spending time with you in the garden. Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteLovely post Simone! Thanks for joining in. You have a great weekend too.
DeleteHi Jacqui - I love the idea of posting each Friday on In The Garden, if I can get it together I'll join you! (PS. Is there an email I can contact you on? I'd love to ask you a question) x
ReplyDeleteHi Becs, I'd love to see your post if you join in, you take the most beautiful photos :)
DeleteYou can email me here jacquic221(at)gmail(dot)com