![]() |
| The corn, a few weeks ago. Before Harmony got to it. |
I can really feel the shift of the seasons in the air now. The calendar says it's summer for another three weeks, and the days are still summer hot. Hottest so far, probably. But the air is different, the light is different, and my senses tell me the season has changed. Autumn has arrived, the first signs are here. First leaves turned yellow and fallen from the old trees. The shortening days. The different light.
Which makes sense, because early November felt like the shift into the summer season, and early August felt like the shift into spring. I will be watching to see now if May feels like the shift into winter. I think it does, thinking back to earlier May's.
We spent Saturday in Melbourne. I was so very happy to be taking part in an Etsy photography workshop, as part of their #EtsyResolution campaign that's happening. It's all about helping people finally open that Etsy shop they have dreamed of but keep putting off, or for existing sellers to give their shop an overhaul, with a series of blog posts by Jess Van Den of Create and Thrive. And a real life, in person, photography workshop to help you take better product photos. How good is that?
The workshop was run by professional photographers and I came away with new ideas and inspiration and so much more confidence in taking better product photos. And some help with my camera as well. It was perfect really, just what I needed. A day in the city, a few Melbourne coffee's, a Melbourne cafe lunch, and a photography workshop. So I'll be trying out a few new things this week. It's keeping me pretty well occupied at the moment.
So anyway I decided to actually, finally open an Etsy shop. This is a bit of a big deal for me, it's one of those things that I wanted to do but didn't really have the confidence to do. Like going to a group fitness class at the gym, that was a big deal for me also. I am working my way through the series of #EtsyResolution blogs and slowly building up a shop. You are welcome to take a look, it's a little crystal shop. And it is still very much a work in progress but hopefully by the end of the series I will have it all just right.
The image above is from a few weeks ago. Seems our Harmony horse has a liking for corn. We've now lost about half the harvest, I think. Plus a whole smaller bed of corn, that has all been eaten. She shouldn't even be on the house block, that horse, but sometimes I relent and let her out. Poor girl is usually stuck in the paddock watching Flo pony help herself to all the green pick as she comes and goes through the temporary fence as she pleases. And - green grass coming through in summer. It's been a strange one, that's for sure.

Congratulations on your ETSY shop, how exciting is that!!
ReplyDeleteYou have a totally different (and much more professional) approach to opening it than I did. I just signed up for an account and followed the prompts.
I could really use some help with photography; I am taking blog and shop photos with my phone camera at the moment because my camera died (it was 12 years old), but I would love to get a better one and will soon.
I am looking forward to buying stuff from your Etsy shop; I need to source some tiny chips of gems and semi precious stones, have you got any?
Thanks Jude, it's nervewracking! Or exciting is probably a better word.
DeleteI don't have tiny chips yet, I do have some small beads drilled but probably not quite right. Are you looking for any stones in particular? I would love to help you find some!
Hi Jacqui, I am after diamond (not cut), ruby, turquoise and onyx so far, I am studying Kabbalah and would like to stick chips of the corresponding stones for each sephiroth (stations) in my working book, so scrap booking type chips (as flat as possible) are what I am after. I am really getting quite excited to shop in your store.
DeleteCongratulations on your ETSY shop and good luck. I like what you are selling. I love Turquoise. I always choose this stone I do not know why.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on the opening of your Etsy shop, I hope it goes well for you, a new beginning, so exciting to see it grow....have fun.
ReplyDelete