23 March 2015

A few of my favourite things, lately.

Some of these are from a while ago now and some are more recent.
A beautiful old door and flowers at the place we stayed at in Port Fairy recently.  Those flowers sum up how my stay here made me feel, when everything was turned upside down in my world.


Simple Natural Living: How To Make Your Own Natural Lip Balm
I don't have a lip balm recipe I'm happy with yet, and I make it so infrequently that I forget in-between what to do. So this is where I will go next time I'm making lip balm. Such simple ingredients, and so easy.

Schooling the World
I saw a link for this over on Owlet blog last year sometime, and I was completely blown away. It was a real eye opener, for me especially when thinking about what I saw on my travels in Nepal and Tibet a few years ago. I would love to write more about this one.

Tiger Iron Star
This is just my favourite thing on Etsy this week. I put it in my favourites and every time I see a little image of it, I just love it all over again. Tiger Iron is one of my favourite crystals to work with and this star shape just really appeals, for some reason.

{A Meaningful Garden} Sophie Isobel Asher
I love this meaningful garden series that Bec at Think Big Live Simply puts together. This piece from Sophie Isobel Asher is just beautiful.

Om Reiki
This is the place where I did my reiki I and II certificates and I could not recommend it highly enough. The founder, Jeremy, has such an amazing connection to energy and is such a great communicator. The two courses I've done with him have just been amazing.

Moist Chocolate and Zucchini Loaf
I've made this one a couple of times now, and my only change is to reduce the sugar and add some cranberries, just for something extra nice. This recipe is has become my go-to recipe for a chocolate zucchini cake kind of thing. It is very yummy.

7 comments:

  1. Love the photo. A some of my favourite things post is great; so much inspiration here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for linking to Think Big lovely lady. I've been thinking of you lately, stay awesome ok? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great photo. This ston on etsy looks amazing and Moist Chocolate inspired me, now I'm hungry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just read your previous post and thought it was about your miscarriage which is hard enough but I was shocked and saddened about your marriage breaking up. I like you wanted a family with a mum and dad that loved and cared for one another and two beautiful children. Well I got the beautiful kids but not the marriage (cheating, drinking and partying constantly) and I had to end it when I had a 2 year old and a 4 year old and it was heartbreaking. My mantra was "take one day at a time" as there is so much to worry about when you are in that place of separation so get up each day, put some lipstick on, take photos for therapy eat good food hug loved ones and go to bed. Just work on one day at a time. I'm a great mother to my kids but I get jealous of families with a mum and dad and kids as that's all I ever wanted. Just one day at a time and you will be grieving for many more months and I feel for you. Take care. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kathy. I never wear lipstick, but after reading your comment this morning, I put some on. And I felt good!

      Delete
    2. Glad you tried putting on the lippy as it's a long long road and you can't think about all of that except the day you wake up and have ahead of you. Kathy

      Delete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing my interview. Means so much that you enjoyed it. I totally agree about Reiki, it really is such a life changer. Have a beautiful week! Sophie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.