31 March 2015

Fresh Sheets





** This is a sponsored post. **

In the days after my husband and I separated, my little one and I went away for a short break. When we got back, the moment I walked into my bedroom, I knew it had to change. I had to change it up to become my space, a personal place of refuge and rest, no longer a shared space. And the place I wanted to start with was sheets.

And then I looked at my budget, and I decided that the sheets I had were perfectly functional and would do the job, for now. As new sheets were just not in the new, smaller budget calculations. And I was ok with that, you know - you just get on with it, old sheets and all.

But a couple of days later, a little email arrived querying advertising on my blog, from a company selling homewares online, and what do you know. I've got new sheets.

You might think it's a strange mix on my blog, advertising sheets when I've not really gone down the path of advertising before. To be honest, I have had my fair share of requests but nothing has ever felt right before. For some reason, it felt right to accept this advertising and sponsorship on my blog, and these days I'm much more inclined to listen to what my gut feeling tells me. So here I am, writing a blog post about sheets! You just never know what's coming, do you?

I chose these Viva sheets in a charcoal colour. Even that was different for me - I always, always, always choose plain white sheets. But I intend to paint the walls white, and the floorboards are already painted white, and the cupboards are white, and the lamp is white and… you know, time for a change. So in with the new and out with the old, quite literally. I tend to work on a one-in, one-out basis for most household things, so when something new (or old) comes into the house, generally something else goes out, to the op shop donation bin.

And I have to say, in all honesty, these are the nicest sheets I've owned. They are 1000 Thread Count Sheets, which is a lot more thread counts than any other sheets I've ever had. They are silky soft and so very comforting to curl up in. At the end of a (very) long day, stepping into my room I smile at the sight of them, and climbing into bed, I feel like a princess. Right now, feeling like a princess is a pretty important thing. And I am so grateful that this all appeared out of nowhere when they did, and I got the sheets I truly wanted.

*  *  *  *  *

You may be wondering, as I was, how taking on advertising will affect how I write on this blog. I actually don't think it will make any much difference, in all honesty. Because the thing that truly, mostly affects how I write, is knowing that someone - anyone - someone other than me, reads what I write. That is the single biggest factor which affects what and how I write on the blog. 

And if you are interested in advertising on this blog, please just contact me. I am open to most things, if they're in line with my beliefs and if it feels right. It has to be authentic, and real. You know?

8 comments:

  1. Love the new sheets. I make woven bath mats out of my old sheets (which usually have holes in them by the time I am ready to throw them out). I get most of my new sheets from the local second hand shops (which is why they have such a fast turnover). Maybe I need to feel like a princess too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea for using old sheets. I am also inclined to keep them until they're threadbare. I'm quite happy living entirely un-princess like for the most part, but every now and then, the urge pops up...

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your new sheets, it's always nice to have comfy bed linen and going with a new colour way for you room will give you something to look forward to and work on.
    I am lucky to have found a linen sheet at the local op shop....it is wonderful, you never know what turns up in those places.
    Hope you have fun creating a nice relaxing room for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margaret. I do think a bed you love to climb into at the end of the day is pretty important. Linen sheets sound lovely, I've never slept on linen before. That's a great op shop find!

      Delete
  3. oh well done! I think having some lovely 1000 count sheets to land in after a hard day is just what you needed Jacqui. Sometimes things happen just when you least expect it. They look gorgeous. Enjoy. cheers Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Wendy. I think it was a nice little help along in the 'moving on in life' side of things. I am enjoying them. Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Ah the book the secret comes to mind here putting it out in the universe and everything aligns for you. Good on you and sleep easy on your 1000 thread count sheets. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just wish I knew how to repeat it! Thanks Kathy.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.