12 April 2015

The Pull of the Season




The days are still warm, perfectly warm. The nights are getting cooler. We've had the fire going, mostly in the mornings. Mostly for William's sake, and he asks to light the fire. So we do.

I'm feeling a pull to be somewhere else, right now. I have been looking forward to this season for so long, a part of me just wanted to skip right through summer and be here, in autumn heading into winter. I so love this season in this part of the world. Perfect sunny autumn days, cool nights, and then winter, with it's heavy clouds that sit low and grey. I love this season, these seasons.

But for some reason this year, I don't know that I want to do a Victorian winter. I don't think my body is up for it. I am feeling the cold, already. And it's not that cold yet. It's really not cold at all. So I think I need to listen to my body. My body needs to be warm, it needs to be barefoot, it needs to be connected to the earth, not the internet. So I think we need to go north, somewhere.

Flo pony is doing so well. I can now catch her in the paddock (this pony was impossible to catch,  building a round yard and herding her into it was the only way I could get near her). Her feet were horribly in need of a trim during the time I couldn't catch her, it was a huge weight on my shoulders for months. And now I can catch her in the paddock. Next she will be catching me.

I've been contemplating staying here or going, somewhere else, somewhere different. The wanderer in me is restless. I don't think I can make a decision like that from here though. I would like to hang on to Flo and Harmony, so that is a big factor in staying or going. There's not quite so many options when you've got big pets.

So for now, a winter break. Somewhere warm. Somewhere to just be, to soak up the warmth, to unwind, to let it all go, and to see where the cards fall when we come back. That is my plan. I don't actually have a plan, that's just what I want to do.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a plan to me. Do you have someone to watch your place while you are gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. go and an enjoy some time away....'they' say it's always best to wait awhile before making any grand decisions when you have been through a rough time....maybe you will come back envigorated and dying for the beautiful Victorian chilly winters (can't you tell I'm a Victorian too :) ) or maybe you will come back knowing it really is time to go. Either way, have a wonderful time xxx it will all work out in the end, and if it doesn't it's not the end, Jan x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.