30 December 2015
Summertime
Summertime. I love the golden yellow hues of the dry country. I always thought I would prefer a greener place but as it turns out, I don't.
Flo the pony is doing so well, it's hard to imagine that 12 months ago she was uncatchable and with ridiculously long feet in need of a trim. I was so stressed about it at the time too, but things do change, nothing stays the same forever and now here we are. I can walk into the paddock and give her a scratch, catch her easily, groom her, clean her feet and she stands quietly for a trim. She's still pretty wild and I really love that about her (I'm taking lessons from her).
It's become really apparent to me lately that my life is feeling anything but 'simple' these days. I have this deep desire to just 'be' at home with my child, yet somehow I manage to fill our days up with other things. So as we come into the new year, it's very much on my mind that 2016 is going to be a year of simplifying, slowing down (again), finding my feet (again) and focusing in on what I really want.
The next days are for sitting with all that has been in 2015, and letting most of it go. I'll be doing some deep inner and outer clearing (I have been in decluttering mode for the past month already!) and ready to dig deeper in 2016, on what really matters to me. And where I want us to be. I've given in to the restlessness I feel in our current home, and I'm just waiting for a new home to materialise now. I've mentally packed up the kitchen dozens of times, and if anything I've created a new impatience at wanting to move.
And in all of that, I'm appreciating the warm days. The washing drying so quickly, the ease of not layering into so many clothes, even the pulling closed blinds to keep the harsh light out. Quiet time indoors while it's too hot and sunny to be out and about. I do love summertime.
Labels:
daily life,
horses,
summer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like you are on track for a mindful and satisfying 2016! Enjoy. cheers Wendy
ReplyDeleteThanks Wendy!
DeleteHappy New Year Jacqui, I hope you find your 'simple' life. That restlessness your feeling is just letting you know that it's time to move on, something (some place) else is waiting for you. I have experienced it many times and it was always for the better.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jan. I'm no stranger to restlessness but you're right, it's always to something for the better.
Delete