31 December 2015

10 Things I Learned in 2015


I usually avoid writing anything like a '10 Things...' kinda list, but on this occasion I'm just going to go with it. 2015 was an epic year for me, kicking off with a spontaneous Kundalini awakening on 2 January. The reverberations have been pretty big and brought through some intense change and absolutely brought me to a whole new place of understanding. My inner landscape is forever changed, and as within so without, my physical reality around me is being shaped and formed by an entirely different set of thoughts and beliefs. All for the better too. Anyway, 10 things.

1. I learned that there is more, so much more, to life in this physical realm than what we can see with our eyes, feel with our hands or hear with our ears. That inherent knowing, intuiting, sensing from within, are the most powerful senses I have, and the ones I can rely on. 

2. I learned that everything in our experience, everything in our existence, is there because we make it so. The things we love, the things we don't love, the things we are ambivalent about. It is all there through our own focused creating, and it we want it to be different, we need to change ourselves. 

3. I learned that love is always the answer. Always. There are no exceptions to this. 

4. I learned that the only real relationship I truly must cultivate is that with God*/Source/Creator; and in so doing, all my relationships will by default improve and flourish.

5. I learned that the only power I am truly responsible to, the only law that I must truly abide in, is that of God/Source/Creator. And that that is entirely based in love.

6. I learned that all is there to be seen, if only we will care to see, choose to see, release our fear of seeing. We all have the same capacity to feel energy, see energy, hear guidance. It is up to us to choose to use it.

7. I learned that the energy in my body feels lighter, calmer, healthier, happier, higher, when I abstain from drinking coffee, eating chocolate and consuming any foods from an animal. Yep, heading vegan very rapidly in these parts.

8. I learned that the very best advice I can rely on is that which emirates from my own self. From my hara (my gut feel) in particular. And I learned that I can rely on it entirely, 100%, every time.

9. I learned that the soul is eternal; that there is no 'death', that fear and polarity are simply aspects of 3rd dimensional reality, and do not actually exist.

10. I learned that blogs don't write themselves. I'm planning on being around a bit more in 2016.

So, 2015 was for me a big year of shifting understanding, delving deep into the inner landscape, playing with energy and most importantly, doing fundamental work to shift then energy in my physical body. It's been a big year. I'm ready now to take all that I learned and marry that up with the parts of myself I have left aside for a while, and at the same time letting go forever of the parts of me that needed to go. Bring on 2016!

* The whole God thing. I wrote this post a while back about how uncomfortable I am with the term God. And I still am, but with more clarity now. In a deep inner place a little while back, having conversations with Jesus, I asked why is it God, a masculine energy that is the highest being. And the answer immediately came back that that is simply a construct of the physical world, an outcome of polarity. That in truth, there is no separation of masculine and feminine, that God is just a name. Which makes perfect sense to me, but I still have a bit of trouble with the term. 

4 comments:

  1. A big year behind you and another big one in front. The whole God (with a capital G) thing makes me uncomfortable too. I see my gods as male and female (sometimes both) but realise that it's only a reflection of my own limited mind and experience. In reality the creator/universe/ Good Big Thing (from 'the secret garden' by Mary Hodges Burnett)is neither male nor female and can only be defined by what it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love hearing your thoughts, it's such a big can of worms and almost feels taboo to be writing about it. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  2. I wish you well as you continue on your journey Jacqui. I also struggle with the God thing as I'm sure many people do. Hopefully one day we will all know the truth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. One of life's great mysteries, and such a personal journey too.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.