I noticed a lot of people in blogland coming up with a word or theme for the year [back at the start of the year], and I thought that was actually a pretty cool idea, and something I could work with for myself. The word that resonated with me, if I were to pick just one, was acceptance. Acceptance of things as they are, accepting that my world is perfect and exactly as it needs to be, despite how I might be feeling at any given moment.
I'm extending that one step further. The way I've been thinking of and using the word is to say graceful acceptance. Because it reminds me to be graceful, in my acceptance of how things are. Gracefully accepting that I wake up full of agitation some days. Gracefully accepting how my body rejects my attempts at breakfast. Gracefully accepting those tasks that I really don't want to do, but feel I must do anyway. Which is not to say I always behave gracefully! I wish I did. But perhaps in reminding myself regularly, I will become more gracefully accepting of both the ups and the downs of life.
| A handful of crystals that made it outside for a full moon cleanse this week. Garnet, moonstone, boji stones, blue tara quartz, black tourmaline, selenite. |
Did you pick a word or theme for 2013? Do you find yourself going back to it regularly?
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, whatever you're up to.
Mine for this year is "Creative Bravery." Creativity was something that I have felt has gone missing in my life, largely due to the fact that I have had so much fear tied up in being creative... Fear to try new things, fear that I'll fail, fear that things won't be perfect the first go around... and it was really keeping me from being the creative person than I want to be... So, this year I'm trying to live from a place of creative bravery.
ReplyDeleteI totally get that. That's a good one. It can be so hard to even start something in case it isn't 'perfect'.
DeleteGraceful acceptance... that is lovely :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't really chosen a word but I have definitely felt connected to the idea of release. Releasing negativity, bad memories, etc. I hold onto too much crap >.<
I've seen 'release' around the traps a bit too, that's also a really good one. I've read some nice posts on release lately :).
DeleteI think my theme for 2013 is 'acceptance'. I want to be accepting of different things in my life, so your post really hit home for me. I love the 'graceful acceptance' idea, that is just wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI sent you a request for an ad swap :-)
Kym
Yeah, it's almost like a way to stop fighting against things in your life, and just accept that 'this is what's happening'. Glad you enjoyed this post :-)
DeleteI did enjoy it! :-)
DeleteI didn't pick a word for 2013...if I did it would have been content as I just wanted one year in which we were all healthy and happy and generally content.
ReplyDeleteI really like graceful acceptance though...really a good motto for life!
I didn't pick a word for 2013, but it's a great idea.
ReplyDeleteI think...
just happy
:-)