4 March 2013

On The Weekend


I treated myself to a small pack of coloured pens. Ok so that's not the most exciting thing in the world, but I'm happy about it. It gives me something to draw with, or doodle with. I love colour, bright colours that pop off the page. When I see these pens I want to draw with them and it doesn't matter what ends up on the page.

I also treated myself to a laminator. Why am I even telling you this? Well I've had a little project in mind for a while now, and it really needs a laminator. So that project will be happening this week, and I'll share it with you when it's done. I'm pretty excited for it.

And, in the process of making room on my desk for new things, I had a major 'declutter' and got rid of heaps of old stuff that had been sitting around - in folders, piling up in drawers, gathering dust on my desk. I was ruthless. I got rid of a whole bunch of paperwork, some of which went back to 1999. Yes. 14 years ago. Not sure what I was hanging on for, but it's gone now, and I really feel like I've lightened the load! I tend to think that the amount of physical 'stuff' we accumulate is a physical reflection of how much 'stuff' we're carrying around in our minds/bodies. I've thrown out/burned/given away a heap of stuff from my workspace in the past year, I guess I was down to those last bits and pieces that I couldn't quite part with. It's not all gone by the way. I still have, and am keeping, every tax return I've ever done, all neatly filed away. We all have our things that we keep! What are yours?

7 comments:

  1. i keep endless fortunes from fortune cookies. how am i supposed to throw those away?! i feel like if i do i would be saying 'no' to the universe. it's silly i know, but i have them stashed everywhere; jacket pockets, wallet, purses. ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's much more exciting than tax returns! You could make a book of fortunes with them all :).

      Delete
  2. I declutter about every 6 months or so. I recently moved though and packed up 3-4 trash bags of stuff that I donated. It feels good to get rid of the excess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving is great for helping to declutter! I moved around a bit the last few years and I think I had less boxes each time.

      Delete
  3. I used to have lots of things that I kept, but when we moved internationally and could only take 2 suitcases we got rid of almost everything we could, so now if I want to keep little momentos, they have to fit inside my journal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's travelling light! What a great way to stay free of clutter.

      Delete
  4. Now I do not have a lot of things. Most of my stuff was left in my country, and for five years waiting for shipping. I can not decide which are important. I need more time. I miss only my albums by various artists.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I read and appreciate every one.