Bleary eyed.
The question most asked since our baby was born is 'how is he sleeping?', which is thankfully becoming less asked now that he is a bit older [and presumably, the interrupted sleep part is supposed to be over]. Because we co-sleep, I'm happily still breastfeeling William a number of times each night. We also do a nappy change somewhere between 2am and 3am, otherwise our little one is completely wet through by morning [he often sleeps through this]. Some nights there are grizzles in his sleep, and he can be quite restless. Things we would miss if he was in a cot in another room.
I am completely happy to be still feeding him during the night - it helps keep my milk supply strong now that he is eating solids, and I know that his nutritional needs are being met. He is a solid child. Healthy. This pleases me no end. Anyway, the sleep question. I'm amazed that it is so highly regarded, to have a child that sleeps through the night, when to my mind, the child needs to feed during the night. I guess each case is different. And I should add, he really does sleep through the night. It's us who don't. Me more so, but my husband always does the night-time nappy change, for which I am so grateful.
Some of these mornings are just a bit harder than others. Two cups of tea required for this one!
People always used to tell me that my girls would sleep through the night if I bottle fed, but my eldest has ADHD and never slept more than 4 hours a night. I preferred to know that they were healthy than to get a full night's sleep anyway. After all they grow up eventually (This too shall pass)..
ReplyDeleteMy son is 21 months and does not know what a night's sleep. But it is healthy and strong :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd William looks amazing
nice pic on the wall
ReplyDelete